The incumbent will perform functional analysis to document business requirements. This support includes but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with competency representatives to analyze business processes and identify business requirements for reports, dashboards, applications, and automation.
- Translate business requirements into specification documents that will be used by software developers to create or update data warehouse reports, dashboards, applications, and process automation. Specification documents identify data sources, business rules, mappings, relationships, layouts such as tabular or graphical, delivery method such as online or offline report, calculated values, and associated algorithms.
- Liaison between software developers and competency representatives to ensure reports, dashboards, application, and automation meet business requirements.
Two (2) years of experience developing business solutions for an organization
Expertise in analyzing business processes and collaborating with stakeholders to identify Business requirements
Experience translating business requirements into technical design specifications
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge of Navy ERP
Familiarity with Navy Working Capital financials
Understanding of database & data warehouse concepts including schemas and data
Experience creating software test plans & procedures, performing testing, and documenting
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, or related field
Why You’ll Want to Work at GovSG:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including PTO and company matched 401k
- Development opportunities through comprehensive training suite
- Ability to make an impact supporting the warfighter
- Opportunities to engage with the community through volunteering
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
GovSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
GovSG participates in E-Verify.