System Center Monitoring (SCOM) Systems Engineer, Senior
Your customer will trust you to not only design and develop these systems but also evolve them with advanced technology solutions. Your role will involve performing administrative, design, engineering, and operational tasks for a global enterprise SCOM system supporting the Navy. You will be proactive in security posture review, updates to the SCOM console, patch installation, custom SCOM role and Management Packs deployment, building SCOM views, custom reports, use of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and building Executive Dashboards will all be crucial aspects of ensuring the system's optimal functionality. In this role, you will identify application and infrastructure performance and scalability trends, implement new solutions and processes that fix issues, and continually strive toward moving from a reactive stance to a proactive stance. You will work closely with the application and infrastructure teams to set up performance monitoring for applications, databases, and network devices to ensure applications deployed will properly scale and meet expected SLAs for Performance, Availability, Scalability, and Stability. This will create an effective monitoring solution and assist in establishing the appropriate response to those events through processes and procedures, enabling level 1 and 2 teams to resolve as many issues as possible.
- 7+ years of experience in an IT system engineering role, including developing architecture and design of complex distributed IT systems environments
- 5+ years of experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- 3+ years of experience with mid- to enterprise-scale networks Experience working in large enterprise operations environment, including the identification, development, analysis, scheduling, and managing of enterprise IT activities, solutions and risk mitigations, artifacts, and migrations
- Experience with architecting, designing, securing, installing, troubleshooting, and documenting integrated server or network solutions
- Ability to communicate with senior management and customers
- Secret clearance
- Ability to support onsite delivery at least 1 day a week (with likelihood for growing onsite requirement as stipulated by govt client)
- HS diploma or GED
- DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II Certification, (e.g. Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP) in addition to Operating Environment (OE) certification for Microsoft Platforms/Solutions
- Experience with applying systems engineering fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Experience with enterprise server, storage, networking, software, and application services depth in a single solution platform
- Experience in collaborating with other enterprise technologists, both internally and externally, to resolve complex technical issues
- Experience in supporting and coordinating across senior-level organizations Experience with mentoring junior team members
- Experience with cloud-based technology Experience with Python or PowerShell scripting
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Information Technology, or Engineering CASP or CISSP Certification
Special Requirements: Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to possess an active DoD secret clearance at the start date.
Salary: $130,000-$165,000. Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Why You’ll Want to Work at GovSG:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including PTO and company matched 401k
- Development opportunities through comprehensive training suite
- Ability to make an impact supporting the warfighter
- Opportunities to engage with the community through volunteering
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
GovSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
GovSG participates in E-Verify.