Senior Network/Senior Systems Engineer/Senior Networks Architect
GovSG is hiring team members with high/senior networking, systems engineering, and architecture experience to support the Naval Enterprise Network program in San Diego, CA.
- Engineer the next generation NEN solution
- Work across a highly skilled team of Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Network Architectural engineering partners
- Support and troubleshoot any existing systems solutions with the operational team.
- Maintain at least an IAT level II certification
- Work with cloud technologies
- Work with Network Appliances/Routers/Switches/Software/Firewalls etc in both a physical and virtual implementations as well as Develop Software Defined Networking Solutions
- Secret Clearance
- Systems Engineers require IAT2-Windows, comprised of
- IA Cert (Sec+/CISSP/etc.), and
- OE cert (MCSA 2012 or better, or MCSA equivalent via Skillport/Skillsoft/Udemy)
- Network Engineers Architects require IAT2-Networks, comprised of
- IA Cert (Sec+/CISSP/etc.), and
- OE cert (CCNA/CCNP or better)
- Experience supporting DoD Enterprise Networks
- Engineering experience in systems architecture in a distributed enterprise environment
- Engineering experience with Networking principles and concepts
- Experience in architecting and deploying Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience in on-premise and cloud infrastructure security
- Experience in cloud architectures and migrations
- Data analytics and PowerShell skillsets
- Experience with DevSecOps concepts and CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience with deploying to IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, including Compute, Network, Storage, and Backup
- Knowledge of API design and Object-Oriented principles
- CISSP or multiple domain credentials
- AWS, Azure, Oracle, Google, or VMware Cloud architect certification or similar
- Experience with SDN Technologies, including SD-WAN, SD-Access, NSX-T, and Velocloud
- Experience with Network Automation in Python, Ansible, NETCONF, or RESTCON
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Experience modeling network configuration in JSON, YAML, or YANG
- Experience working with CI/CD tools, including GIT and Jenkins
- Experienced troubleshooting via tools and scripts
- Experience working with open-source software and libraries
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI
Special Requirements: Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to possess an active DoD secret clearance at the start date.
Salary: $120,000-$165,000. Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Why You’ll Want to Work at GovSG:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including PTO and company matched 401k
- Development opportunities through comprehensive training suite
- Ability to make an impact supporting the warfighter
- Opportunities to engage with the community through volunteering
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
GovSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
GovSG participates in E-Verify.